Deborah Shelton je americka glumica.Rodena je 1948 godine.Bivsa je Mis USA.n 1970, Shelton competed in the Miss Virginia USA pageant to spite her then boyfriend. She won the title and represented Virginiain the Miss USA 1970 pageant held in Miami, Florida in May 1970.
At the pageant, Shelton won the Miss Pixable award and was subsequently crowned Miss USA 1970. She was crowned by former titleholder Wendy Dascomb, also of Virginia; this was the first time that a state had won the Miss USA title back to back.
Shelton then went on to the Miss Universe contest in Miami, Florida in July where she placed first runner-up to Marisol Malaret of Puerto Rico. She described competing at Miss Universe as "perhaps her greatest experience".
During her reign, Shelton travelled across the United States and internationally, including visits to Japan, Spain, Portugal, Brazil and Puerto Rico.
For winning Miss USA, she received $5,000 in cash, a $5,000 mink coat and made another $5,000 from personal appearances.Shelton was born in Washington, D.C. and grew up in Norfolk, Virginia. She graduated from Norview High School and attended Old Dominion University. She was a junior studying art at the time she won the Miss USA title.
Prior to winning her first pageant title, Shelton was enrolled in a pre-medical [curriculum]. After college, she moved to New York City where she studied acting, modeled, and appeared on television commercials.
In March 1974, she appeared on the cover of Playboy Magazine. She starred in the feature film, "Blood Tide" [released 1982] alongside legendary stage & screen actor Mel Ferrer, and James Earl Jones, filmed on location in the Greek islands, which also featured her singing a song during end credits, which she co-wrote with her 2nd husband, Shuki Levy. She later starred in the 1984 film Body Double and made frequent guest appearances on television series such as Fantasy Island, The A-Team, T. J. Hooker, The Fall Guy, Cheers, The Love Boat, Riptide, and Get a Life. In 2008, she was cast to play a rich housewife in the American television series Nip/Tuck.
Her most notable television performance is the role of Mandy Winger, one of J. R. Ewing's more memorable mistresses in Dallas. After the character left the show, an outpouring of fan mail convinced the producers to bring the character back. Shelton appeared in the series from 1984 to 1987. She also had a role on The Yellow Rose, a "critically acclaimed flop".
In 1991 and 1992, Shelton returned to the Miss USA stage, offering commentary during the pageant.
- Hilton, Pat (1987-07-07). "Dallas' Deborah Shelton hopes her past won't hold her back". St Petersburg Times.
- Associated Press (1970-05-17). "Green-Eyed Virginian wins Miss USA". The Modesto Bee.
- Associated Press (1970-05-18). "Virginia Miss Wins it Again". The Evening Independent.
- Associated Press (1970-07-12). "Puerto Rico wins 'Universe'". Sarasota Herald-Tribune.
- Anderson, Carol (1970-11-12). "Debbie Shelton Describes Reactions as Miss USA". The Free Lance-Star.
- Lowry, Cynthia (1971-05-17). "Debbie Shelton's reign as Miss USA is soon to end". The Free Lance-Star.
- Hastings, Julianne (1984-08-13). "Fame is bound to come fast for Deborah Shelton". St Petersburg Times.
- "Deborah Shelton will return to 'Dallas' with Devilish Twist'". Ocala Star-Banner. 1987-02-18.
- Burlingame, John (1991-02-21). "Will dispute enliven Miss USA show?". The Modesto Bee.
- Stark, John. "From Miss U.S.A. to Dallas to Body Double, Deborah Shelton Is a Sex Object Who Objects". 22 (19). People.