.Karen Mulder (born 1 June 1970) is a Dutch model and singer. During the 1990s, she had a successful modeling career and was recognized as a world-class "supermodel" by various media. In her native country, the Netherlands, Mulder is well remembered for her 2002 public breakdown and suicide attempts.n 2004, Mulder decided to re-enter the music industry. She worked with Daniel Chenevez of the Niagara group to create the self-titled CD Karen Mulder. She gave birth to a daughter, Anna, on 30 October 2006.
On 1 July 2007 she returned to the catwalk at the Dior Autumn/Winter 07/08 Couture Collection in Paris, modelling alongside Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Helena Christensen, Amber Valletta, Shalom Harlow, and Stella Tennant.
On 1 July 2009, the Daily Mail reported that Mulder was arrested in Paris for threatening to attack her plastic surgeon. The details of Mulder's grievance against the surgeon was never reported, and Mulder has kept a low profile since the incident .
- Allen, Peter (1 July 2009). "Troubled supermodel Karen Mulder arrested after 'threatening to attack her plastic surgeon'". Daily Mail. London.
- New York Media LLC (Ed.). (2012). Karen Mulder. Retrieved 7 December 2012, from New York Fashion Show website: http://nymag.com/fashion/models/kmulder/ karenmulder/
- Pearson Education (Ed.). (2007). Karen Mulder. Retrieved 6 December 2012, from http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0766477.html
- Who2. (2011, January). Karen Mulder Biography. Retrieved 10 December 2012, from Who2 Biographies website: http://www.who2.com/bio/karen-mulder
- Hello magazine, 16 December 2002
- "Supermodel Karen Mulder in Hospital After Overdose". Hello! magazine. 11 December 2002. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- salty (11 December 2002). "Supermodels Are Lonelier Than You Think! Karen Mulder Special". Antville. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- Allen, Peter (2009-07-01). "Troubled supermodel Karen Mulder arrested after 'threatening to attack her plastic surgeon'". Daily Mail. London.