Paulina Porizkova je ceski model i glumica.Rodena je 1965 godina.Prvi je model iz centralne evrope koji je bio na naslovnici Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.An aspiring photographer friend took pictures of Porizkova and sent them to the Elite modeling agency in 1980, hoping they would notice her own photography skills. However, instead of taking the photographer on board, Elite head John Casablancas noticed Porizkova's physical beauty and potential, and offered her a ticket to Paris.
She quickly rose to become a top model in Paris during the early 1980s, and her fame spread to the United States when she posed in swimwear for Sports Illustrated. She appeared on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 1984 and again in 1985 (her first appearance as a model in the magazine was in 1983). She appeared on the cover of Playboy magazine in August 1987 to preview her new (non-nude) swimsuit calendar. Both of her calendars in 1988 and 1989 by photographer Marco Glaviano sold hundreds of thousands of copies.
Porizkova was chosen twice by People as one of the Fifty Most Beautiful People in the world, in 1990 and 1992. Harper's Bazaar named her one of its ten most beautiful women in 1992. American Photo magazine in its first issue declared her to be the model of the 1980s. She appeared on the covers of numerous magazines around the world during the 1980s and 1990s, including French, German, Australian and American Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Self, Cosmopolitan and Glamour. She was also featured in advertising for Diet Sprite. Porizkova was the cover model for the 20th Anniversary issue of Cosmopolitan magazine in November 1985.
She has been featured in advertising campaigns for Chanel, Versace, Hermes, Christian Dior, Oscar De La Renta, Mikimoto, Perry Ellis, Laura Biagiotti, Anne Klein, Ellen Tracy, Barneys New York, Ann Taylor and Revlon. In 1988, Porizkova won what was then the highest-paying modeling contract: a $6,000,000 contract with Estée Lauder, replacing Willow Bay. The black-and-white television and print advertising campaign won praise from critics. The Estée Lauder makeover transformed Porizkova's public image from a swimsuit model to that of European sophisticate and she remained the company's face until 1995. She soon landed another multimillion-dollar contract, with Escada. She was presented on the November 1999 Millennium cover of American Vogue as one of the "Modern Muses".
Porizkova's photos appeared in the books Models and Sirens by Marco Glaviano, and in Fashion Photography by Patrick Demarchelier. The latter includes some of the noted LIFE magazine swimsuit pictures from several years ago. She was in Women by Herb Ritts. After having her first baby in 1993, Porizkova devoted less time to modeling, and she moved into acting in independent films. In early 2001, she was the hostess for a television show on the E! network's Style Channel.[citatio
- "Profile of fashion model Paulina Pořízková". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Paulina Porizkova: Husband Is No George Clooney". Huffington Post. 25 October 2011.
- One on One - Paulina Porizkova. YouTube (22 minute video interview). Al Jazeera English. 2010.
- Matsson, Katarina. "Hon ger en sann bild av modellvärlden". Metro International. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Lee, Helen (11 April 2007). "Vogue's 'World's Next Top Models' cover". SassyBella.com. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- "Twiggy Replaced on 'America's Next Top Model' — Paulina Porizkova will be sitting next to Miss J". Zap2it.com. November 26, 2007. Archived from the original on 29 November 2007. Retrieved March 2, 2016.
- Silverman, Stephen M. (May 18, 2009). "Why Tyra Banks Fired Paulina Porizkova". People. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- "Meet the New Cast of 'Dancing With the Stars". ABC.com. 20 February 2007. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- McDonald, Ray (28 March 2007). "Former Supermodel Pavlína Pořízková Eliminated From 'Dancing With The Stars'". VOA News. Voice of America. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Paulina Porizkova at the Internet Movie Database
- "Celebrity Ghost Stories: Paulina Porizkova - Web Exclusive". Biography.com. Archived from the original on 14 August 2013. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Golden Raspberry Nominees 1989, razzies.com, from Golden Raspberry website (archive); accessed 5 March 2015.
- "Paulina Porizkova is a Blogger". New York. Retrieved 5 March 2015.
- Peppers, Margot (8 July 2013). "'Doing the siren': Former supermodel Paulina Porizkova, 48, tweets photo of her sensational body on Miami Beach vacation". Daily Mail. London.
- DailyMail.com Reporter (June 9, 2015). "Double vision! Paulina Porizkova and rocker husband Ric bring their lookalike sons to Ali Wentworth's book party". Daily Mail. Retrieved March 2,2016.
- Luerssen, John D. Rivers' Edge: The Weezer Story. ECW Press, 2004, p. 163; ISBN 1-55022-619-3