Daria Werbowy (Ukrainian: Дарія Вербова, Dariya Verbova; born November 19, 1983) is a Ukrainian-Canadian model. She is perhaps best known as a spokesperson for the French beauty brand Lancôme.Although born in Kraków, Poland, Werbowy holds Canadian and Ukrainian citizenship. When she was three years old, Werbowy's parents Daniel and Anna Werbowy moved to Mississauga, a city in the Greater Toronto Area of Ontario, Canada. She has an elder brother named Orest and elder sister named Oksana. At age fourteen, Werbowy was 5'11", willowy and sporting braces. She attended St. Sofia Ukrainian Catholic Elementary School and Cawthra Park Secondary School as a visual arts studenWerbowy had never seriously considered modeling, but found herself launched into the business after meeting a schoolmate's mother who headed Toronto's Susan J. Model & Talent Management. At age 14, Werbowy won a national modelling contest.
After switching to Elite Model Management, Werbowy landed several prominent bookings in Canada but achieved little international success. Werbowy lived in London and Greece, where she did not find much work. Her first runway season was disrupted and her bookings canceled due to the 9/11 attacks in New York City. Thus she went to Europe. After an exhausted eight months, Werbowy returned to Canada. She gave modeling a final shot as a means to fund her art school education. "I returned to New York, met my agent and the next day I had an exclusive deal with Prada. From then on it was all a bit of a blur."
When the Elite Canada's head scout, Elmer Olsen, started his own agency, Werbowy followed and her career began to flourish. Within a few years, and under the guidance of International Management Group (IMG), Werbowy gained a foothold on the international modelling stage.She ranked No. 6 on Forbes' "The World's Top-Earning Models" list, with estimated earnings of $4.5 million between May 2010 and May 2011.
In 2015, Werbowy fronted campaigns for Equipment, Salvatore Ferragamo and H&M. She also featured on the March and June covers of Vogue Paris. Werbowy ranked no.12 on the 2015 Forbes list of highest earning models, earning an estimated $4.5 million.
- "PHOTOS: Happy Birthday Daria!". Huffington Post. 19 November 2011.
- "Supermodel Daria Werbowy is the face you don't know you know" Retrieved 28 May 2015
- Local beauty returns home as the new face of Lancome, CanoeNetwork
- Época magazine. 29 January 2007. Issue 454, page 107, Editora Globo
- "Supermodel Daria Werbowy is the face you don't know you know". The Daily Telegraph. London. 2009-07-05. Archived from the original on July 8, 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Limping along Canada's Walk of Fame
- Alexander, Ella. "Plain Sailing". Vogue UK. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- "Daria Werbowy". vogue.com (in German). Retrieved 2007-03-15.
- September 2004 American Vogue
- "Steve Nash, kd lang among new Walk of Fame inductees". CTV News. 2008-06-03. Retrieved 2008-06-03.[permanent dead link]
- Daria Werbowy's Ship Sets Sail
- Lim, James (10 September 2008). "Ogle 'V' Magazine's Fourteen New Cover Models". New York. Archived from the original on 18 October 2010. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- Les 30 Mannequins des Années 2000 Retrieved 2010-01-20
- Lenander, Johanna (September 2008). "Culture Icon Daria". Fashion Magazine, p. 143.
- "Daria Werbowy". Pirelli. Archived from the original on 30 September 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- and Steven Bertoni, Keren Blankfeld (5 May 2011). "The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- "The World's Top-Earning Models". Forbes. Retrieved 18 July 2016.